You know about organ and tissue donation but so often people just don’t know how they can help to save lives. Saving lives is a 6-step process that takes very little time and a whole lot of heart. With these 6-steps, you too can save more than one life and become someone’s hero!
6 Ways Your Can Save Lives
- Register with your current state’s organ & tissue donor registry. To learn how: www.organdonor.gov
- Speak with your family, friends, neighbors and colleagues about your decision to be a donor.
- Promote organ and tissue awareness at your workplace, church, schools, neighborhood organizations, and city to adopt donation as a mission.
- Solicit your elected officials and government representatives to support donation legislation.
- Speak at your local high schools, colleges or universities. Ask them to participate in the National Donation Campus Challenge. www.organdonor/campus.gov
- Participate in events sponsored by your local organ procurement organization and spread events through your social media networks.
ONE organ donor can SAVE the lives of up to 8 people
ONE tissue donor can SAVE / ENHANCE the lives of up to 50 people.
Please go to DonateLife.org to learn how to become an organ donor in your state.